We are all advised to eat organic food as there are too many foods which contain chemicals and toxins on them, distorting our health.
One study showed that there are such chemicals in tea bags. So, these are the brands which contain pesticides:
- King ole;
- Lipton (Green tea and the Yellow label black tea);
- Red Rose;
- No Name;
- Uncle Lee’s Legends of China (green tea and jasmine green tea);
The scientists had great standards for testing pesticides in the dry leaves and the same method was used by the National Inspection Agency. According to them, more than half of the tested samples had pesticides in great amounts. 8 out of 10 had lots of chemicals. One of the brands had more than 22 pesticides. Some of the pesticides such as endosulfan and monocrotophos are banned in a lot of countries and are harmful even for the workers who handle them. The majority have traces of pesticides and some had amounts above the allowed.
The following tea brands are the worst, thus you need to avoid them at any cost:
- Green tea Uncle Lee’s Legends of China – one study showed that there are more than 20 types of pesticides such as endosulfan which is banned in some countries because of the side effects they cause like tremors, nervous system problems, and even death.
- No Name – it contains more than 1o kinds of pesticides.
- King Cole – it is very high in pesticides like monocrotophos and is banned due to it causes coma, irregular heartbeats, or involuntary defecating.
The vice president of Uncle Lee’s Legends of China, James O’Young said that his brand is good no matter which brand you choose. He claimed that their brand is fine, and also their crops are healthy. He ignored the data from the CBC results which showed otherwise. Red Rose was the only pesticide-free tea of all 10 tested. This is showing that tea can be grown without any pesticides regardless what the producers say. You should better buy from those which don’t harm your health and nature.